Who are the Marti Group? Find out in our stories – packed full of special insights and outlooks, sections and excerpts, snapshots, and intermediate steps.
- A new cultural building is under construction in the up-and-coming St. Johann district of Basel. The Natural History Museum Basel and the State Archives of Basel-Stadt will be sharing the structure in the future. Marti Basel is erecting the inner lining of this forward-looking new building.
- The new construction of the “Dreiklang” hospital project in Aarau is in full swing. The work on the inner lining will require a total of roughly 18 months. Marti is working completely digitally on this large construction site using the BIM-to-field method.
- The Ritom power plant in Ticino, which was built in 1920 and is located only a few kilometers from the Gotthard Tunnel, is in need of renewal. Since 2018, a number of contractors from the Marti Group have been working on this overall complex renovation on behalf of Ritom SA. In February 2022, Marti will pass an important milestone with the breakthrough of the inclined shaft to Lake Ritom.
- The second Gotthard road tube will be constructed over the next few years. Since the beginning of 2021, the Marti Group has been hard at work on access tunnel 343, the Gotthard South access gallery at the South Portal in Airolo. The tunnel boring machine reached 2,000 m in February 2023, and tunneling operations will have reached 5,000 m by the summer.
- Swiss Re’s new Lake Mythenquai 20/28 replacement building is taking shape where the building by the name of Mythenschloss once stood on the beach named Mythenquai. From the previous building, only the diaphragm walls and facade will remain. Marti Zurich is the lead consortium partner for the construction work.
- ARGE Marti LBST has been working in the Lötschberg summit tunnel since 2018, replacing the existing ballasted track with a slab track. The over-100-year-old, 14.6 km rail tunnel between Kandersteg and Goppenstein connects the cantons of Bern and Valais. It is the heart of Lötschberg mountain railway from Spiez to Brig. In August 2023, Marti installed the last meters of track, then set and cast the golden crosstie as the symbolic conclusion of the project.
- The official green light for excavation of the Gotthard South access tunnel (lot 343) took place with a special ceremony in Airolo on June 9, 2022. The cutting wheel of the pink tunnel boring machine was still symbolically turning in front of the portal on this festive occasion. It will soon carry out its work inside the launch tube, drilling some 5 km to the north.
Automatic climbing systemBallastless trackBuilding and reconstructionBuilding constructionCivil and structural engineeringCivil engineering and road constructionDrillingsFlooring technologyHydraulic engineeringInjections and WaterproofingSpecial civil engineeringSpecial civil engineering and Hydraulic engineeringTowerTunnel-in-tunnel methodTunnel boring machineTunnel constructionUnderground structures
- 27.09.2022The new construction of the “Dreiklang” hospital project in Aarau is in full swing. The work on the inner lining will require a total of ...
- Tunnel constructionBelchen Tunnel Renovation, A2
- Ballastless trackCeneri Base Tunnel, lot “track and logistics”
- Tunnel constructionCERN – extension particle accelerator
- Percent for artDesign museum Mudac and Musée de l’Elisée
- Tunnel constructionEppenberg railroad tunnel
- Total servicesFelix Platter Hospital