HARPA concert hall and conference center
The concert hall and conference center in Reykjavík with its facade has ranked among the iconic landmarks of Iceland’s capital since 2011. The facade, made of honeycomb-like special glass elements, also changes color depending on the weather and daylight. Shortly after opening in 2011, the building was honored with the Mies van der Rohe Prize (European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture).
Austurnhofn TR – East Harbour Project Ltd.
IAV Holding ehf. / ÍAV hf. / ÍAV Group - Iceland operation
2007 – 2011
Facts & Figures
- Façade made entirely of glass (hexagonal honeycomb-shaped elements made of dichroic glass)
- Tunnel constructionBelchen Tunnel Renovation, A2
- Ballastless trackCeneri Base Tunnel, lot “track and logistics”
- Tunnel constructionCERN – extension particle accelerator
- Percent for artDesign museum Mudac and Musée de l’Elisée
- Tunnel constructionEppenberg railroad tunnel
- Total servicesFelix Platter Hospital